Monday, 24 December 2007

Water

If I immerse myself in water, all things are possible :) I take half hour showers and 2 hour baths, I can because I pay the bills and I live alone, so if I run out of hot water, there's no drama.

A friend of mine has a pool, so yesterday when I dropped off a Xmas parcel I went swimming, just me and the water. The first dive in always makes me giggle. It feels like I'm catching up with the funniest friend I ever met. I thrash around, do a couple of laps, float on my back and ponder the meaning of life, I'm not in there to train for the Olympics, I'm there for the therapy. And once I'm finished, just like a baptism, I leave the water with a new attitude (I think I may even glow and levitate). My emotional crud washed away and feeling like I'm Superwoman, I can acheive anything.

Afterwards I sat in the late afternoon sun, sipping tea and eating a slice of warm bread and thought there wasn't a more perfect moment in the day.

Simple, water.


H2 ;)

No comments: