Wednesday, 19 December 2007

Todays tally

If my line of work was creating treats for friends I'd be comfortably well off :) Unfortunately there is no such occupation so I amuse myself by working in two different jobs that are incredibly poorly paid.

But thats another story. The purpose of this blog is to share my pleasure at my early morning endeavours. I have managed to make three special loaves of bread, from a live yeast in the last 24 hours, pack three parcels each containing bread, sweets/cake and organic honey (from my sisters beehives. All bustled off to the courier post, packed in retro cake tins, with hand made cards and little wishes sprinkled liberally over the entire packages. I can't afford presents this year so I made these parcels of treats for friends instead.

I'm up to my fifth parcel and the enthusiasm hasn't waned. I got a call from my friend in the north island to say all the gorgeousness of her parcel had arrived, unfortunately the conscientous courier driver had managed to smash the jar of honey which then bled through the beautiful 70s violet suede bag I had included in the parcel. It hadn't ruined the rest of the parcel which leads us to believe he probably threw it down the stairs to her house as nothing else was soaked in honey, as it would have been if it had sat all day in it....

Nevermind, stick with the good story. She loved the suede bag, washed it immediately and will assess its viability in the morning. If its a lost case, she will recycle it into something more fabulous.
I love Christmas, I love the cooking and preparation, I love the presents concept :) I dont mind what kind of present I get, its just exciting to receive.

Tonight I have baked muffins and tartlets for the office shared lunch, which marks the end of year for me. Tomorrow is the last day at work, thank god. The last loaf is on the stove and will stay there overnight to rise and be baked first thing in the morning. I hope to post this last parcel by 10am for a really dear friend. She will receive bread, mini christmas cake, honey and handmade chocolates, then I hang up my pinny until Xmas eve. Actually, I have around eight pinnys from the 1950s...its not just the kitchen which has stepped out the 50s but I have to have the costume and attitude too:)

Quaint isn't it? LOL

h2

No comments: