Friday, 7 December 2007

Manners and Online dating

So yeah, I'm online dating. I figure I have nothing to lose and anything is worth a shot. I have about as much obligation as I want and I can pick and chose who I will talk to. But actually I reply to everyone that contacts me. I have these manners that won't let me ignore people, not matter how uninterested I am. But I don't become overly involved, I just say thank you and no thank you.
Which brings me to the reason for my post. Some people have no manners and it really pisses me off. A simple no thanks...no big deal, no will you marry me, no bigge....but noooooooo some *&^% actually don't reply. Of course I wouldnt want to be with someone with no manners, but jeeez, manners can get you a loooong way in all aspects of life. It shows a certain level of maturity and communication and actually from my age group, I expect it!!!
I'm pissed off because I approached a guy, said he looked and sounded interesting was he interested in meeting for coffee. He replies after 5 days (yeah, sign # 1) says oh thanks that sounds good, lets keep chatting. I reply back straight away (not desperate, just fastidious) and say sure, let me know where and when, tell me a bit about yourself in the meantime......1 day, 2 day 3 days, 4 days...........still waiting on the meantime :) No reply, disappeared into the ether...has been online a few times, no reply. So yes, I did get a reply - silence. :P:P:P:P:P

h2

No comments: