Tuesday, 18 December 2007

sense

I read last nights post, yes, it still makes sense. I am one of those people that remembers all of what happened last night, no matter how much I drink.
Yesterday we had 30 degrees, it was a whopper(sounds like the burger doesn't it?). I dragged my arse through the day, tired (I stayed up till 2.30am the night before because I took that 'nap") and cranky because there is no air conditioning at work. When I finally got home, I sat like a vegetable in front of the fan, limp like wet seaweed. I went and had a cold shower before my first phone call of the night, there was only two and between them they lasted four hours....:)
So here I am, back in the land of the lucid. I awoke to the sound of water because my guttering is munted and the rain started overnight. Its bought the temperature down to a pleasant hum, and eliminated the pounding roar of yesterdays heat.
I'm making two-tone handmade chocolates this morning, its 6am and I have the trays on a converyor belt because I'm half filling them with white, then into the fridge to set, before I add milk chocoloate with walnuts. I have to make around 6 dozen today. Some for suppliers and some for friends, but they have to be in the courier by today to stand any chance of arriving in time for Christmas.
I have a very old fashioned kitchen, it has retro utensils and old billys, boilers, jugs and kettles. Its colours are old fashioned and I have tried (I realise) to recreate the essence of the 50s, simple and far more loving than the kitchens of today. If there's no love from the cook, it shows. Food made with love is the motto of my kitchen :) Like Water for Chocolate, one of my fav movies :) Back to the kitchen, back to the next batch.

H2

No comments: