Sunday, 16 December 2007

To market to market


I'm about to head out for the day, taking my excess treasures to market and setting up a stall. I am a serial bargain hunter, I love markets, garage sales and boot sales :) Where there is junk you will find me:)

This is a tradition handed on to me by my father. We would often go to the tip and find old bikes, tools and things that others no longer wanted; take them home, fix them and away we would go:) At the time I thought everyone did that......

My sisters and I are also avid op-shoppers, second hand clothing stores. I laugh at people who would never wear someone elses clothes....I don't do second hand underwear (unless it was a really gorgeous 50s corset). Some of my best clothes are retro, when there was style and hand sewing, cut was important and quality was the norm.

Today I am heading out to share some of my treasures with other people who might love them. I also have a date this afternoon, he seems really interesting, well traveled, can hold a conversation, attractive. Wish me luck. Gillian Welch on the stereo (I'm not a true fan of country, but Bluegrass is different).

Check out the 1 Pic A Day Blog, the guy writes beautifully, full of heart and rawness, I love it. He has allowed me to use one of his pics.......Thanks :)

Siezing the day


h2

No comments: