Wednesday, 19 December 2007

Stop and stare

I was reading 1 Pic a Day's Blog and I can see the madness his 'blogs of note' status has created. Damn, I wish I could see my own madness with such clarity. The guy gives so much that he's actually concerned about replying to the 48 comments that pop up daily. And I want to write a comment to say "don't reply, just get the hell on with it and forget there's an audience" BUT that would be another comment he would have to read....oh what tangled webs we weave....
I read his blog daily, but this week his flow has been interrupted by the thousands that have visited his blog (including me, my apologies)and now he's actually responding to the interruption. The irony.
Anyway, as I said I'd love that same observation about the stuff going on in my life. I have really crazy emotional times, one day I'm flying, another day I'm in the bottom of the ocean with the bends. Today I was starting out with a touch of the bends but I've managed to pull up by thinking about roses. I lay in bed this morning, thinking about my friend that passed away, thinking about the guy I work with and felt a few tears well up, the general feeling about the two of them is sadness, but for very different reasons. So I let the tears fall and then thought NO, this day can not be ruled by the past. So I lay there and thought what is something I can think of quickly to eliminate these bluish feelings. And as I let my thoughts escape and flow a huge peony rose came to mind. I stayed with that thought and withing milliseconds I had a slideshow in my mind of red, ruby, pink, white and wine coloured roses flashing before me. It worked, I felt better instantly. How can I be sad when I am surrounded by flowers? :)The flowers have stayed with me this morning and every time I think of something sad the flowers pop in to my mind. Good trick, thanks to you K for sending those thoughts :)
I stopped and stared, put a new trick in my pocket and carried on walking

H2

No comments: