Monday, 21 January 2008

Loose

At the moment I feel like I have alot of unresolved situations or is that only in my head?

Some money arrived into my bank account in the weekend, so thats taken the strain off in that area because my sleep was definitely being affected by zero credit in my bank balance. I was bought up in a household of 7 children and two parents with just my Dad working on the Railways so I know whats its like to struggle. There was never any money for anything but food and rent.
I hit the peak of my earning in my last 'government' job that enabled me to live a middle-class life, but my heart wasn't in it in the end. I left with no where to go and thought setting up my own business would be a piece of cake......deluded again :)
So I'm in a familiar place financially and I don't really like it, the uncertainty freaks me. On the other hand, the thought of going back to work for Big Brother makes me feel ill.

I went back to my part time work last Thursday and I hated it. Not just the holiday to work transition, but the whole office, colleagues and clients situation. My boss is nuerotic and paranoid, constantly seeks approval and is quite condescending.....wierd combo even on planet Pluto. When I went to visit a couple of clients I felt dragged down and depressed when I left. I'm thinking WTF? Was it like this last year and I just didn't notice? So I'm feeling over it and its only been 2 days, I'm also feeling negative so I looked in the papers in the weekend for another job. I get $15 an hour.....I used to get paid $35.....LOL, shit, the princess has landed on her ass. I'd settle for $23? So today I have to work on manifesting $23 an hour :)

I texted that guy in the weekend, I felt like I got a lecture in return, but now I think I am being too negative and its affecting all aspects of my life. I don't want to be the 'downer' person, I meet 'downers' all the time and no one wants to hang with them because they make everything grey....sobering and embarassing....


My client came down earlier in the week and I have to let go. I get confused about stuff emotionally and I don't know if my expectations are realistic or not. I never know where the hell he's coming from, I never know his intent. The trouble is, we started from a personal place and things have changed so that it should just be business it feels like too much has gone on. I try and be friends but my friends aren't like him i.e selfish, then I feel guilty for not looking after him when he's here.....uuugh, I'm a headjob.

I think I need to get out of my skin, shed it and slither around for a while.

I'm not generally a downer, I visited a friend in the weekend and she said 'I love seeing you, your like a ray of sunshine'....hmmmm maybe just sometimes? I just bent over and kicked my own arse, it hurt.

Here's a song that I love, makes me want to get my roller skates on and hit the roller disco, anyone want to come, downers optional :)

h2

2 comments:

Tex's Missus said...

Hey sister, I hear you ! I've been in the clouds and flat on my arse, and this is all in the space of a day. My posts reflect my melancholoy frame of mind and my struggle with "stuff" from time to time and that just means we are human and feel things. You just try and be gentle with yourself and take things one day at a time. I struggle with the "what if....." syndrome and I'm constantly reminded that I have no control over other people, places or things; the only thing I have any control over is me and my reactions and responses to those other people, places and things. It's fucking hard work, and I struggle with it, but I keep trying to focus on the fact that (as cliched and ugh as it sounds)...yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery and all I've got to work with is right now, today. Hang tough Watergurl - you are no doubt a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for :)

Bettie K. said...

Okay ladies I have a question...don't you mean "ass" not "arse". Just kidding--a little dialect humor. I think we have reached the age where what once seemed clear is now cloudy. Now before you all say that you are much older than me, just hush. I'm using the word "age" loosely.

The one thing that I never want to experience is regret. I don't want to look back one day and say I wish I had done this or tried that. Watergurl you have done something incredibly brave by leaving a place you weren't committed and went in search of something that you are. If it were easy then it wouldn't be worth it.

Well that's a quarter's worth of wisdom...now a pile of laundry awaits to be folded and Jack is way too quiet...:)