Tuesday, 8 January 2008

Continuous day

I'm vibing a continuous day rather than a continuous night, spraying baskets in bright vibrant colours for the market. Sensible adult me says 'get old clothes on before you start spraying paint', rebellious teenage me says 'shut up, you boring fart, this is instant creativity'.

early evening: I went swimming this afternoon, took the dog to the river and decided to dive in and splash around for a while. I'm home, showered and supposedly refreshed, but actually, I'm exhausted, LMAO. I have to take a nap. I can bearly keep my eyes open :) aging gracefully, bah bloody humbug to that too :)

4 comments:

Tex's Missus said...

Good for you Watergurl ! In my head I'm still 25 and have a natural inclination to do the stuff I used to do when I WAS that age; I get a freakin' shock when I see this 43year old face looking back out of the shop windows though (I tend to avoid the harsher realities of the mirror). But, in between shocks, I'm out there doing my thing, much to the chagrin of my 15yo son ("God, you are soooo embarrassing mum" - "yes mate, that's what mums are for!")

Watergurl said...

Hey TM, my daughter can't stand my expression of freedom either, it cracks me up. Thank god I rate myself so highly as to ignore her :)
Teens are sooooo narcissistic eh? 'All about me' syndrome :) god I remember my own attitude back then. Bless us for partially growing up and not giving a damn.

Tex's Missus said...

Yep, son hates my tattoos, hates my body piercings and really, really hates my motor bike (I think kids these days are way more conservative than we were).

And, as for your update, I love taking my nanna-naps; that's what keeps you going all night (gotta find a positive in everything !)

Bettie K. said...

Does that mean when I turn 40 I will be taking naps?? Just kidding ladies.