Saturday, 19 January 2008

dinner in thailand

I felt really apprehensive before my date on Thursday, like my stomach was gonna implode. I ended up changing it to a dinner date because I didn't have time between meetings to go to lunch. That in itself had my nerves jangling because I always have the first date during the day for safety and restricted time limits i.e if it ain't happening I don't have to endure beyond the lunch 'hour'.
The fact that I was still catching up on sleep from my trip up north and my clients arrival had me all over the place, not sure of what day it was or where the hell my schedule was (FYI control freaks always have schedules...).
I ended up texting L to meet me at a Thai restaurant in town around 7.30pm. I arrived on time and waited for around 10 mins because he was lost :) Given that he's from out of town, no biggie.
When I first saw him he looked very different from his profile, much better in fact. Not that he looked bad on his profile, just that the pictures weren't the clearest and I wasn't sure I would even recognise him when he turned up.
Tall, dark and not bad looking...........:) But of course that means nothing without personality. I really pleased to say that he is articulate, intelligent, kind, enquiring and a gentleman. Am I surprised, hell yes. He bought me dinner and we had a nice time. The food was great and the conversation was too.
There are a couple of things that could be an issue, # 1 is that he is affiliated with a religion, I am not and never will be. # 2 he lives in another city. Little big things. I didn't feel nervous, I was very honest and I didn't feel pressured.
I text him the next day to thank him for dinner and the good conversation, he responded by thanking me for the stimulating evening :) No, I wasn't rubbing up on him. We both agreed it would be nice to meet up again, I've already got an appointment in his city in Feb for work, so I guess that when we'll meet up again.
First offerings were good.

h2

4 comments:

Bettie K. said...

Hip hip hooray!! I am so glad that things went much better than expected! I think you just need to ride this out and dare I say...have fun?

Okay, I am queen anal myself, but I have to believe that we reach an age that fun can be just that.

But here is the important question...and you don't have to give me the answer, but it is important...is he a good kisser? If not, drop his ass quick! :)

Watergurl said...

Lawdy there was no exchange of bodily fluids, not even saliva...lmao, may as well have been a curtesy and a bow.....I'll leave it for a while :)

Tex's Missus said...

Thank God you're back in the saddle (in Blogland I mean) Watergurl, I was getting antsy wondering what had happened to you and this bloke :-) Ok, all sounds good so far ... suspend your disbelief right now, 'cos maybe things are as good as they seem ! Looking forward to the next instalment (Bloody hell, this living vicariously through others is fun !)

Watergurl said...

shit, so many places I could take that comment, I'm backing the hell away from it:) Disbelief is suspended, truly. Yep fun and light heartedness only, cheers gals.