Saturday, 19 July 2008

homeless

Its been a busy week. I found out last Friday that I was shortlisted for a job up North and they wanted each interviewee to present a couple of concepts in a powerpoint presentation. One of the concepts was historical and quite politically loaded, I felt my stomach sink when I read the topic.
I spent the next 5 days researching and preparing my powerpoint presentation.
I fly up north on Wednesday and thought I was presenting an interview panel. It turns out I am presenting to 10 staff.....yehaa!

I am nervous but once I start my patter its not so bad. The hardest topic receives very little feedback, not surprising. The second concept creates alot of dialogue and discussion, thats a positive. I met with the Director and two others afterwards and I feel quite nervous.
I feel my throat going dry and in parts of the conversation I feel myself lose the thread of coherency:) Rabbling on. They tell me they need to contact my referees and that it may take some time given that one of my referees is about the leave the country soon.

I flew home in a roundabout way, making a stopover (how you can make a stopover in NZ is beyond me, but there I was.....) taking me 4 hours to get home to the South Island.
I was exhausted. The good news is they wanted to ring my referees. The bad news is, one of my referees was heading overseas for 10 days the following day. I forwarded his cellphone number, but I have yet to hear the outcome of my interview. I know the other referee was rung and I will call her tomorrow to see what they asked.

On Monday I will email and see what the situation is. But as far as I know, checking your references after the interview is pretty telling?

I have also checked on another job I applied for, its bloody frustrating when I have to chase up jobs, very slack people in some of the HR sectors.....

So I am jobless after this week, because I have handed in my notice. I am not panicking but being in limbo does my head in. I need action and activity. I am selling off large segments of my retro furniture, because regardless of the outcome I am ready to move on in some parts of my life. I'm ready to sell my house. I'm ready to leave the South Island. I am ready to be homeless. I'm just ready.

I connected two lots of people to each other this week and it was fantastic. It is magic to watch people connect and so rewarding to be part of the connection. Both sets of people were artists and have a fine line of crossover, together the results should be sublime :)

Signing off and signing out.

H2
I

2 comments:

david santos said...

Iloved this post.
Have a nice weekend.

Watergurl said...

thank you for visiting Mr Santos :)