Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Sex in my city

I just went to the movies with my daughter to see Sex in the City. I loved it. It was exactly what I expected - women in their 40s, fashion , drama and high heels. I shed a tear when Big got clouted by Carrie and her flowers. I felt for them both.

I must say..... I hated her red lipstick with that Vivienne Westwood dress, I much preferred the muted pink of her Vogue shoot to the 'Ive been eating red crayon' look she opted for. Yes, I know it was about the 'Vivienne' look, but really, over 40 we're allowed to move past the trademarks.

The movie was 2.5 hours long, I could have stayed another 2, except my arse was numb.

I love clothes, I love vintage, I love 50s inspired anything. I can't wear high heels. Too many twisted ankles from a lifetime of sporting injuries and a little too much padding means I am taking my life into my hands on anything above a 1 inch heel. Its hard to look classy in flats..:) Just on Sunday I decided to borrow a pair of low heel mules from my sister to go to the mall, just to see if I could handle them. I stepped out of the car and twisted my ankle. LOL.

Carrie Bradshaw I am not, but I do have a carefree attitude and alot of sass.

Yeah, I loved it, I wanted to be Carrie, but I'll settle for me and my outrageous handbags.

h2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sex and the City seems to have a polarizing effect on both men and women... people either love the movie or they hate it

Bettie K. said...

Just remember...beauty is pain :)---so keep trying those heels!