Saturday, 28 June 2008

Change it


A heat that blazes through your bones, that opens the pores and allows the sweat to run freely. A hazy honey coloured landscape, scorched earth, nodding grasses and rolling hills, olive trees, linen shirts and sandals. Thats what I imagine Italy to be like. Its the Italy in my dreams and some of the pictures I have seen. I don't know anything about Italy in winter, because in my dreams winter does not exist.

I have never been to Italy, I live in New Zealand. It is the middle of winter :) I am cooking up fantasies to help me escape from the bitter rain and wind outside my front door. I woke this morning and played Italian opera on my stereo very loudly, the marriage of Figaro, Carmen, lovely. I went and bought focaccia bread, I drove 8 km to get it. Its the best focaccia I have ever tasted, made with oil, sea salt and basil, I actually believe its the best in NZ.

I am loving this day.
I have avocados, tomatoes and feta to accompany my beautiful bread. I have created summer in my day. So today is summer in my house. I am creating a day of passions, creating, eating, singing, smiling.

If I don't like my life I need to change it.

I handed in my notice on my job this week. I have 4 weeks left, I am lighter and happier already. If I am unhappy, I can change it.....simple, so simple.

I am in love with my day :)

H2

1 comment:

Bettie K. said...

That is truly awesome H2....a lesson well learned!