Sunday, 15 June 2008

Senior

I applied for a job around 3 weeks ago. It was for a national administrator, big company, big money in an area that I have an interest in, in a 6 degrees of seperation way...

Anywho, I had the agency interview and it went well, I was definitely through to the next round and they checked one of my two work referees. Great, its going good.

Within two days I had my phone interview with the Manager (if I got the job he would be my boss). The interview went really well, I got off the phone and felt 100% certain it was mine. My intuition was on high beam. I have this feeling only every so often, its like an electric current and I am usually dead on the money:)

He said he would get back to me Tuesday, as Monday was a public holiday. When there was no news on Tuesday I knew I had lost the job. It took another week to find that out. Something happened over the weekend for him to change his mind. But I'm not really worried about that. Its just not meant to be. Two things from this surprised me.
Number 1, that I was wrong (shock, horror :) only because my gut told me YES. And Number 2 they went for a junior, as opposed to the senior position I applied for. Number 2 surprises me because I have forgotten I am senior..........eeeeeeeeek. I am not young, fresh, enthusiatic and unknowing.....I am mature, calm, determined and knowing :) Yes, that is me. I have crossed over without knowing. I have become a senior member of staff.

I'm pulling out the big guns, there is no more time to muck around. Senior it is then, it is done.

H2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Just "found" your blog. It warmed me right up. It sounds like you really have a great head on your shoulders. You can be certain in only one thing . . . yourself. You know your work ethic, you know your morals, you know what you hold dear to your heart. These things will not change even if your world of "work" crumbles into unemployment. You are strong, even if you feel weak at times. Chin up. Always show people who you are, whether they like it or not.