Friday, 15 February 2008

Jumping

I've been AWOL. I felt like jumping off the roof yesterday. Just a small problem, the roofs not very high so theres no chance of any drama besides me twisting my ankle and then having to limp inside like some arsehole.
I spend 5 hours on my computer putting together an application for an international exhibition and just 5 minutes of me spellchecking the document gave my workplace system time to crash.....I lost it all.
There were a few lessons in there, I'll just list them so you and I can both be on the same page, shaking our heads and clicking our tongues in unison.
1) I had left the application to the last day because I didn't think a key player would agree......
2) I completed the application at work, its not work related.......

Moral of the story?
Pull a sickie on your clients and work, stay in bed, complete no applications, take no phone calls, close eyes, snore and be at one with the blankets.

This week I have been profoundly disorientated.

I asked the universe to open the door of opportunity in the form of a new job, 30 hours, $23 per hour, arts associated with flexibility to travel. Yesterday I got an offer of 9 hours per week as a literacy teaching assistanct at $13 per hour. Someone has a sense of humour......

I went to Wellington for work and a second date with 'that' guy. I'm gonna keep it short and to the point, there is no need for anything extra.

8.00am Land in Wellington
8.30am breakfast at the beach with friends
9.30am meet with sister for a visit
10.00am txt that guy to tell him that I'm in Wellington, let him know that I have a lunch appt, but am generally free after that
12.30am lunch with friend, leave her at 4pm
4.00pm Ring that guy and ask what he's doing, does he want to catch up, to give me a call
From here its just messages.
5.10pm (him) been out fishing all day, whats up
5.12pm (me) waiting to see if you want to catch up?
5.20pm (me) hello?
5.22pm (him) sorry my brother just arrived, will txt when he leaves
7.10pm (me) this is ridiculous, in around 20 mins I'll make other plans
7.27pm (him)sorry h2o, sorry u feel that way, my family is here from north, I remember when you wanted to leave our date to pick up ur daughter, no drama for me. whateva, do what u need to do.
7.28pm (me) I ring and tell him I'm not surprised he didn't answer, thats he's not being straight up and is incommunicative, not to mention rude

CLICK, voila end of dating with 'that guy'. No reply, nothing. Crazy shit.

I'm bored to my back teeth. I went to the DVD store, walked around and around the store for 1 hour, trying to find the holy grail. I end up getting 10 for $10 and then I owe $10 in late fees. $20 for someone that has no money, crazy shit.

tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

4 comments:

Bettie K. said...

LOL...and I am laughing with you not at you. There must be something in the water...I deleted an entire post yesterday because I was left 2 comments that pissed me off.

Talk about weak. And don't get me started about late fees. If I get divorced, Matt will use that for leverage against me.

PLEASE ask me a deviant question...

Bettie K. said...

And how could I forget this...what friggin LOSER! Moron. Men blow...

Tex's Missus said...

Hey girl, I with you and Sarah - WTF is going on at the moment...If I believed in astrology and all that other caper, I'd say the moons or freaking planets or stars were out of whack...I've been laying low for a week, feeling sorry for myself and having a daily "Pity Party" where I've been the guest of honour and the only bloody guest.... I'm trying to shake of my apathy and get with the freaking program, but it everything is such a struggle right now. I'm blaming it on hormones, but fucked if I know...

That bloke is a dead set prick - you are obviously destined for much better things and cretins like that don't deserve you H2. Don't you settle for mediocrity - nice blokes are out there somewhere .... I think.....

It's 1000h on Sat, in the middle of an Aussie summer, and it's raining and miserable - fuck it, I'm going back to bed.... grrrr

Hope your weekend is bright and sunny over the pond mate.

Watergurl said...

I'm laughing too, even virtual friends are great eh?
Sarah, I saw that you had deleted a post but I never got to read it first......whatever the comments were it must have really got you riled....I have to point out one major attribute of Blogger. It gives us C O N T R O L. If we don't like a comment we can delete it. If we change our mind about a post we can delete it. If we want to say something on here that our friends or family wouldn't tolerate, We CAN. This is the escape zone, we rule and we decide the rules. Its all good.
TM I know you're without your candy, so I hear ya. There is a freedom in some aussie expressions that just nail life. Deadset is one of them....deadset prick, I laughed. Sarah, translation of deadset means absolute, true, no kidding, honest-to-god.
Deadset I'm getting with the programme too.