Tuesday, 26 February 2008

Dancing

I'm trying to break the barrier to my hundredth post. But of course writing about that is wasting writing space and sort of cheating.

The last week has been ......like entering the twilight zone, which seems to frequent my house on a regular basis. I enter my home and my whole perspective of the world can be adjusted within hours. I think too much. I navel gaze on a daily basis. My interior world is like a city with a million people.

Some days I feel like I have multiple personalities, I feel bi-polar. Maybe I am? I woke this morning to a tiny problem, but spent 20 minutes crying......yep, crying. Then I talk to a friend and manage to pull myself together.

Well, enough to head out to Bootcamp and teach a class of kids that are heading off the rails how to manage their money.....I think they could have done with a anger management class, self-respect class and communication class, hopefully someone else is looking after those human qualities....hopefully.

I slept from 6pm to 8pm, because I felt drained. I needed to sleep away some of the blues.

If I had a friend behaving like myself I would drag them into my car and take them to the beach and throw them in the water. Did I do that to myself? No, but I'm going to take a shower, does that count?

Its my daughters 21st birthday tomorrow. Hard to believe that she is 21 and that I gave birth to her all those years ago. I don't feel that much older. I actually gave birth to her at Manly Hospital, Sydney, Australia. Along time ago, when I had plans to travel the world and everything was fresh and new to my eyes. I didn't mean to have a child, it sort of just slipped...hahaha. Anyway, when she was 6 months old we moved back to NZ, I had proved my point that I could cope and give birth away from my family....we lived in clean poverty :) One sofa, a bed, one bedside cabinet and a fridge. Less cleaning thats for sure.

I've come along way since then, bought into the whole material culture, every gadget known to man and some not known to man :) Worked my way up ladders and back down them again. Bought and sold houses, traded on their equity, trading myself out.
Moved into new circles and discovered old circles.

Just a wee giggle at the end, because we gotta laugh.
I went to a party on Saturday night, a birthday party for a gypsy woman. What my friend failed to mention was that clothes were optional.

There was a funny vibe to this party and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I knew the greeting hugs were going on for just a smidge too long.
A woman in her 50s sat next to me and asked if I was part of the 'gathering'. When I asked what the gathering was she replied that they were a group of people who were almost tribal, started 20 odd yrs ago and loved each other.....I'm thinking, oh yeah, ok, ummm sure, why not?
But now, thinking back, I think that little old lady wanted to show me some love.
My friend and I were hanging in the music room, the one with the black light and the stereo, nothing else. A woman in her 40s comes in and asks if we mind that she changes the music. No worries. So she changes the music and then she starts doing that free flow dancing, almost kicking my glass out of hand, not missing a beat, leaping across the room, gyrating and becoming one with the floorboards.
I start to laugh, cos I think that shit is funny. Especially when she is missing us by millimetres with her flailing limbs. Some guys come in take their shoes off and I'm thinking, shit, these people take their dancing seriously. Before you know it, the clothes are coming off too and the 'dancer' is being danced in a few ways known only in the bedroom. I take this as my cue to leave, just because I'm a big old prude that isn't down with swinging with strangers :)
I have to cross my legs as I step out of the room cos I'm laughing so hard.
My friend forgot to mention that the party was 'clothing optional' because a) I might not attend b) I might not attend and c) I might not attend.
I did attend and I didn't get my gear off, but I WAS entertained. Thank you free people.

I've danced all over this post so I better publish it, so that other non-humans can make sense of it.

H2

6 comments:

Esther Montgomery said...

Hello

I have a blog that is less than a fortnight old.

It is called

ESTHER IN THE GARDEN

It is about Martians and gardening.

I would very much like to mention a bush I have in my garden and I am wondering if you would be able to help identify it?

I realise this is a bit of a nerve . . . to pick a blogger out of the blue, just because they live in New Zealand . . . and ask them to identify plants for you . . . but, on the off-chance that you do know . . . ?

In England, where I live, it is called 'The New Zealand Rosemary'. (Though it isn't a rosemary bush at all.)

It is not fragrant and the leaves are small and flat - not like the 'needles' on a 'proper' rosemary bush. (Though it is an evergreen.)

However, the flowers, taken separately, are like the individual flowers on a rosemary bush - hence the name. They are small and a pale, pinky/bluey colour and very pretty. Sometimes they cover the whole outer part of the bush (not along the branches as they do on a 'real' rosemary.)

I would like to know its 'proper' name . . . and its Latin name. (I've lost the label that came with the plant when it was small.)

Although I am the only person I know who has one of these bushes, I was told, when I bought it, that it is quite common in the wild in New Zealand. I think it grows quite high up and likes dry, sunny places.

Do you happen to know what it is?

If so, I would be really grateful and interested if you were to let me know.

I can be contacted either through my blog or by email (estherinthegarden@googlemail.com).

Esther Montogmery

Bettie K. said...

Hells yes...my girlfriend in NZ is a SWINGER! I didn't (of course) laugh at the first half of your post, but by the end, laughing took over. You must have been like "what in the holy hell is going on?"

Did you ever see the movie Eyes Wide Shut? (Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were in it). There is scene where all of these swingers get into but they are wearing masks. No dancing, though.

I am sending you a huge hug from the Midwest...and don't forget that your daughter's 21st birthday is also your own. Think about all the things you have done for her as her mum; and for one day, congratulate yourself.

Now more importantly...is she arriving at her party in a jet? :)

Watergurl said...

There is no jet....we have contained the monster. Its all very seemly....unbelievable.
Thanks for the hugs Sarah :) Much appreciated.
Esther, I have no clue about the Rosemary, sorry luv, me and the plants don't see leaf to leaf at the moment. You need to read my post on Tomatoes....say no more.

Tex's Missus said...

Hey Blogfriend - you can be assured that my mate Sarah and I are waiting (im)patiently for the requisite Birthay Post ! It will be well and truly over by now, so cmon girl ...give :)

I too had a horrified giggle at the thought of the party spectacle you were privy to (I then wondered why I've never been invited to cool parties like that !)

On a serious note, I hope you are feeling bright and sunny today - shit I'm no Doctor Google, but maybe you should get yourself off to see someone to talk to about "stuff" - whilst I'm quite sure you haven't got any serious malady (your posts reveal lots about you), sometimes we all reach a point in our lives where we have to admit that we can't do or "fix" everything ourselves and we need to ask for help - not bloody easy of course, but sometimes very bloody necessary.

WTF would I know - not much I guess, other than once upon a time I waited almost too long to ask for help - then when I finally did, I regretted not doing so earlier.

Take care of yourself H2- you have lots of people over the pond who clearly love you to bits - and a couple of Blogfriends in the blogosphere who care too :)

Esther Montgomery said...

Thank you for replying. I'll have to continure my search for horticultural NewZealanders!

Best wishes

Esther

Anonymous said...

Im handling TM, its ok, I know I'm deperessed. In between my emotions I'm sunny. I don't cry too often and I suppose thats the problem. I just need anonymous help and alot of crying. I used to see that counsellor but at $65 a shot its sort of outside my budget these days. I hear you though, $65 is alot cheaper than a loonie bin :)
Thanks to you and Sarah for being great blog sisters. Carpe diem over here today :)