Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Weathered

I am affected by the weather. I just realised that when I looked out at the overcast morning. I felt less buoyant. I think I need sun 20/7, not all the time, but a large part of the time.
Over the weekend my sister and I talked about the small things we've noticed as we age. While our minds might become more open, they also get more forgetful. I am often walking around the house asking myself where I put my - phone, keys, lipstick, lettuce, rings, wallet, finger, brain, toes, etc and so forth. Simple things that can drive a person insane.
Hair is another thing. We have noticed hair in places it was not before. I have a single hair that insists on growing out of my neck. Very sexy. Most times it has grown about two inches before I even notice its back. Its opaque, sneaky and defiant. I have asked myself time and again when I have looked in the mirror and spotted it, what is this? Humility for the Women in their 40s 101? My pubes are also back in full force or is that new force? I don't remember sprinkling Ready Grow on them, but there they are, multiplying and germinating. Of course this applies to all hair. The hair on my head is thick, out of control and wild too :)I will never go bald.
I am finally getting to a place where I can look in the mirror and say ok, you look good and a whole new set of rules kick in :) I hope I maintain my sense of humour, because thats the only way to tackle this new path. Laughter and the ability to see the craziness of my actions and reactions.
Well, after a tizzy fit or two.

H2

2 comments:

Bettie K. said...

I didn't realize pubes came back in full force once you hit your 40s. See the education I am getting? Seeing that color my hair, I won't know if I am turning gray unless I take a look at the pubes....

I'll tell you what I catch myself doing more and more...talking to myself. And not just at home; out in public. Nice....

Tex's Missus said...

Oh thank God I stopped by tonight and read your post and Sarah's comments - all of a sudden I feel normal again (well as normal as you two :) I too suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) which is a freaky way of saying I get miserable when the weather is pissy. I love the sun to shine - I can cope if it's freezing with it, cos you can rug up and get outside and feel good. But I hate gloomy, grey clouds and drizzly rain the worst - like, fucking rain and get it over with, but stop with this half-arsed drippy shit - it does nothing to help the gardens, the dams or my freaking mood. Solidarity Sisters - keep talking to yourselves, and chucking hissy fits, if only to make me feel better :)