Wednesday, 5 March 2008

The arrival of Mother

The Mother of my boarder arrived yesterday. She looks around 40 but is actually 57. She is small and quiet, speaks very little English and has never been out of Japan before. Shin and his Mother are heading out on their 4 day adventure today around the South Island today.

Mother bought me a Kimono. It is beautiful. A metallic taupe with black threaded silk. I am in love with it. I have a present for her also, but I will only hand it over when she leaves, its pounamu or New Zealand Jade. We believe it carries the spirit and memories of everyone that wears it. So our exchange will only be complete on her departure, as it should be.

I don't want to clog up this post with any other references but she is a very dignified woman.

Enough said.

h2

2 comments:

Bettie K. said...

I think you should wear that Kimono on your next date....those are way hot. :)

Tex's Missus said...

It sounds stunning H2 - what about a pic on your Blog for us to get all envious over ? What is it with those women - how is it that they stay so youthful (I want whatever it is that they have/eat/drink to stay that way - unless it tastes foul or is too expensive - in that case, I'll just have to love my wrinkles and saggy bits)

(lovely post BTW)