Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Arse draggin

Bet that title made you read my blog.......:P
Sorry, there are no derriers, arses, asses, bottoms or booties in this post. Draggin my arse refers to my reluctance to complete a proposal for my old work place. I actually completed a couple at the end of last year and had no reply. I got a call about two weeks ago from my old boss explaining first, how sorry he was that he never contacted me about my last proposal but found that when he shared it with others they commented that it might be a conflict of interest.....did he tell me this? No. I am trying my damndest to stick with the facts and not get all septic and sarcastic about that dumb fuck (oops, slipping).
I work with one artist and that fact that I would never cross paths with him in the work I proposed doesn't seem to be understood by my ex-boss, I suppose thats why he is my ex-boss.
So then he says while he is sorry that he hasn't been able to offer me any work related to my proposal (but someone else is) would I mind writing up an event at the national museum and he will most definitely contract me to project manage that event.......errr right.
I'm draggin my arse over this because I'm not sure that I want to work with him again, that he will keep his word and that he won't take my idea and get someone else to fulfill it.....
But I could seriously take a cash injection.
The dilemma of the less well off......dangle a carrot in front of the hungry and shit happens, any shit, just ask. Although I'm being a little dramatic (okokok, for shitsakes, alot) I am not well off at the moment. I have quite a nice stack of papers on my dining room table that just won't fuck off blah, blah, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
I'm out at sea in that rowboat again, I look around and can't see a goddam thing :)
Shit, I think I'll have a beer, crank up the music, sit in the sun and think about my toenails.

H2

No comments: