Thursday, 15 November 2007

Mindbound

I feel restrained, bound and restricted. In both of my jobs.....the feeling is caustrophobic. I'm having a midlife crisis. I can't stand the thought of working for someone else, especially when I have to wait for them to make a decision so that I can plough ahead. I just want to plough!!
Even working for myself I still have to wait on other people. I have grown more impatient this year than any other year I can remember. I feel mortal and I feel like I need to accomplish more (see, I told you I was having a midlife crisis!).
Its getting to crunch time, the money has run out, my clients aren't making money (not because of me, just because they insist on doing things their way, their way = unproductive, wasted time and indecision) and I need to get on with the other side of my business so that I can work at the pace I set instead of 'waiting' for other cogs in the wheel to get moving. But guess what!!!! I'm waiting for finance approval LMAO. Irony, back down girl, sit.
Freedom, I crave it, I yearn for it. I have it. Freedom to live how I want, this is actually huge, for the most part I have that freedom, but the reality is I need to pay rent, insurance and power. Then I need an income and this is where the 'freedom' concept is challenged:) Maybe I want irresponsibility rather than freedom? Maybe I just want to run wild and not worry about the bills? And again, this is possible, but at a cost:) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR byebye house, byebye asset, byebye big old security blanket.
BUT I am going to persist, because I am like the most tenacious dog in the world. I won't let go until I'm shot with a high powered rifle....hahahha, shit I'm sick.
I do have the most insistent feeling about my new business, I have faith and determination. I'm just bloody impatient today. I need news, a break through, a crack in the universe, an intervention of the spiritual kind :)
My freedom is in my mind, a western luxury.
Going to have a shower and get real :)
Hola

H2

3 comments:

Bettie K. said...

Does this mean that my mid-life crisis came too earlier? Your posts are fantastic. As of late, I have been hit with the same realization...what do I want to be when I grow up? And crap, I have no idea.

As for impatience....I am the same way, but look at it a little differently. I think impatience allows us to strive to be better or to at least ask some questions that others are too afraid to ask.

Watergurl said...

Thanks Sarah, I really appreciate your comment. I say the earlier the better! I wish this urgency had been with me when I was 20, but of course only life's lessons has bought me to this realisation....for all of you who reach this state of mind earlier than I have, run free, chase your dreams, unbind ur mind and fly!!

Blu Jewel said...

Thank you for crossing the world to stop by my blog. I appreciate your visit and comment.

I must be reading your mind too because I would rather work for myself; doing what I truly enjoy instead of working for someone else. I like my job and the position is good for me, but it's not enough and certainly getting up to be at work for 6:00am gets old.

I don't think this is a mid-life crisis for you or myself for that matter, I think we've reached a point in our lives where we want more and we want true fulfillment.