Monday, 7 April 2008

please hold for a call

This morning I left work and took a phone interview for a project manager from my home phone. I thought I was being interviewed by a panel of 4, turns out to be a panel of 1. Does that work? no, not really. Where is the panel? Under my bed? In a coma? hiding in my closet? ummmmm sorry, they weren't able to make the time you requested.....err ok?

So I answered the questions that were given to me and waited for her to type my response so that she could pass it on to the rest of the panel. It was a very long interview because you can only type so fast when you have a phone tucked under your chin. The interviewer was very pleasant and kept her sense of humour. She explained that the very situation we were in was because they desperately needed a 'project manager'.

I have no idea how they will respond to my answers in typed form. I have no idea if they were typed verbatim, but I was amused. It is what it is, no more and certainly no less. To be honest, they DO need a project manager, if only to get a process manual in place :)

So my immediate interviews are over. I see no other ship on the horizon at the moment. There is no storm in my sea of life. I have an even keel and I'm afloat:)

I took 4 phone calls from my sister this morning, all of which were cut off at vital points in our conversation. A little like this " she said she wants you to....click"
"I need you to.....click" "it said you will receive...click". Her phone is broken....no kidding.
I think her phone also has ESP, because it sure had some humdinger cliffhanger hang ups. I was on speed dial every time I got cut off, dialling over and over and over again until I could reach her. Frantic is a good word. Needless to say, the information transferred in its entirety did not save the world, provide a cure for world disease or deliver peace to humanity. Maybe tomorrow.

Autumn approaches, like steel against bare skin.....

H2

No comments: