Friday, 4 April 2008

Leaving

my daughter departs for Brisbane next Saturday. She has her father and grandmother there so its not so worrying (not that he has been a great father....but thats another story). I'm feeling excited for her. I remember going to Australia myself when I was 18, trying to take on Sydney when actually I only ever roamed around the North Beach because I couldn't comprehend that I was in another country, I was scared :) I did venture out into wider Sydney now and then, but not that often, it was all toooo big.
But daughter has visited on and off over the years to visit her father so its not unfamiliar territory to her. If she comes back in 3 months her salon said she still has a job. Fly free little bird :)

I went for a job interview on Monday at a place a used to work. The money is outrageous. If I should be offered the job it means I will be leaving too.....we're all leaving. Leaving points in our lives never to return to that same situation again, ever. Each of us does this every day, mostly unconsciously, without a thought or hesistation. Every day and every moment is new. I don't mind leaving, its the newness that freaks me :) The interview went good, but is good enough? I don't know and I have two lovely weeks to find out.....

h2

1 comment:

Tex's Missus said...

H2, I've got all my bits crossed for you (which is very fucking uncomfortable I might add - so I hope you get good news soon so that I can un-contort myself). And I am so impressed that you are so cool with your daughter flying the coop - my son is only 15 and has at least another three years before he's ready to leave home, but I know I will find that moment incredibly difficult to deal with. As much as I want him to explore the world and find out who he is, a part of me doesn't want him to every grow up, or more importantly, grow away....You are such an awesome mum. Just remember, if you get back to AUS to visit with your girl, you have to come to Sydney and visit me too - we can do the Sydney thing together :)