Sunday, 9 November 2008

Nostalgic November

I'm having a waltz down memory lane this month. Playing Bob Marley every day like I used to when I was 15, life was complicated, hormonal and dramatic. But Uncle Bob just cruised on the stereo being his laid-back self. 25 years later, he is still doing it for me. I can't work up the energy to even think stress when he's playing. Not that his lyrics are soft or anything, just the groove is more syrup than steel.
My fathers anniversary was two weeks ago, 12 years he's been gone. Its a long short time. I think this new place has some interesting challenges for me.
As a rule I am not a lonely person, but I can be a loner. I like to be around people and I like my time alone. All my life I have lived within 50km of a member of my family (sisters to be exact). Not that I visited them regularly but just the thought provided me with a nice, fuzzy security blanket. Here, there is no one, I am literally alone. I have a friend from a long time ago that I work with, but he has a young family and is not really available for brunches or popping out for coffee......thats single friends behaviour. I am living semi rural so my pool of perspective friends is decreased by the fact that my working hours are spent in the city and my home life is rural...
Interesting predicament I am finding myself in. I am planning more activity classes in the city in the new year, but until then I'm wandering free.
As I say that I look at my house and think, well you do have stuff to get on with, so get to it!
I finished my last contract last week. Best get on with that 40 something life I wanted :)
Get up Stand up is playing, how appropriate...come on girl, get up and stand up....
Chillin Sunday, oh and by the way.....I love that the US voted in Barack Obama, just the courage of that act softened my heart, I had my faith restored after watching that election. I never thought I would see something like that in my lifetime and I'm watching with a deep interest to see how he goes. Maintain courage people, yes you can.

H2

No comments: