Friday, 17 October 2008

Run Home Nala

My cat died. I left him with my mother 10 weeks ago when I moved up here and now he's dead. My sister tells me tonight that he died two night ago. I think she's not telling me the whole story.
I had Nala for 13 years, he was fostered out to my sister for 1 year when I developed a bad allergy and came back once I was over it. Nala was a beautiful jet black cat, that was very quiet and always gentle. He was the softest, non aggressive TomCat I ever met.

After I left he had gotten into a fight and was badly hurt. He had to be taken to the vet because he couldnt walk, he developed a bad abcess on his shoulder that got badly infected. I found this out later, after he was on antibiotics and healing. About 4 weeks ago I dreamt that Nala was crying and looking for me, I asked my daughter to go and visit him and see if he was ok. She said he was ok, just really quiet and sleeping alot.

He never had any illness with me, never got badly hurt or needed a vet. I feel like a selfish son of a bitch that took off and left him behind and threw him to the dogs. But I missed him when I moved here, I miss my dog too. I thought he was gonna have a quiet life with Mum, no hassles and a cruisy retirement. I didn't think he was gonna scrap it out and get beaten up.

I cried alot when I found out tonight. I feel like I let him down. Just like I let my friend down. I'm still crying. I hope he didn't suffer too much. I'm sorry I left him behind and I feel really bad, really bad. I hope he's forgiven me for leaving him.
Run home Nala.

No comments: