Sunday, 11 March 2007

Is this the life?

Sunday evening, mulling over the days events. Sorting and sifting, thoughts into compartments, tucking them into bed, closing the drawers, keeping the mental tidy.
Got up early this morning, couldn't seem to sleep past 7am (usual), made myself toast and opened the door to the Bailey (Rottweiler/Staffy cross, big Cujo of a dog), let the cat out.
Bailey always bolts in, nearly knocking me to the ground with her enthusiasm. Being allowed inside is a BIG deal. She's allowed in for 5 mins while I get her food prepared.
Nala is my male cat, although I think both of my animals have gender identity issues. Nala is the moochiest, softee cat in the world. He often retreats inside when the neighbourhood gets too tough :) Fair enough, not everyone needs to be a fighter. He IS the BEST hunter of mice and of course that redeems him in all ways in my eyes.
Bailey on the other hand is a big lout. Bailey often chases Nala because she's jealous of him (that furry thing that gets to stay inside ALL of the time)
After they were sorted I washed a couple of loads of clothes and hung them out, did the dishes and mopped the floor. By then it was time to go to the market.
I bought a beautiful old pale yellow enamel teapot with an old fashioned yellow and brown knitted teacosy. As I was admiring its perfect condition I dropped it.......ugh. I shuddered when I heard it crash to the ground. My once perfect teapot now had a horrible gouge out its side.....BOOOO. I felt like stamping me feet at my clumsiness and then I actually felt like dropkicking it across the market. Those lessons keep rolling in. I was so pleased and then so forlorn in a matter of seconds:)
I came home and tidied the house and headed out to a youth concert at a local park with my sister and my two neices. It was good, but I really enjoyed the krumping. If I was 20 years younger I'd be there. I like the music and I like the moves, like a cross between hip-hop, haka and voodoo, wicked energy, love it. For myself I actually really like krumping , I'm not a wannabe, I'm happy being 40, but its good to be able to really appreciate whats happening with young people. Get out the DVD "Rize", its awesome.
Nows its evening, I've had a shower, the dogs been walked and fed, the cat has too. Its time to do my hair in preparation for work tomorrow. I'm gonna watch the movie in an hour and then off to the land of nod. The hours fly by and still I have to push myself some more, find the next door and walk through. Later.

No comments: